I didn't know NBIX was doing trials on CP??
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NYSE:TEVA) has ended recruitment for a phase 3 trial of Austedo (deutetrabenazine) to treat abnormal involuntary movements with cerebral palsy ("CP").
- Recruitment stopped because the parent study, which was looking at Austedo for dyskinesia in children and adolescents with CP, missed its primary endpoint.
- The terminated trial was set to last 55 weeks.
- RBC Capital Markets analyst Brian Abrahams noted that Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) is also looking at expanding indications for Ingrezza (valbenazine), including CP.
- Given that Ingrezza has a similar mechanism of action to Austedo, he says this places additional risk for Ingressa CP trial results, which are expected in 2024.