Re: MMP tax burden
FWIW, with 10 minutes left in the
trading session today, I sold half my
shares, then parted with the remaining half.
If buyout goes through, I figure the final MMP
price should be close to today's closing price.
If it doesn't go through, I wll have sacrificed
some decent price appreciation since the offer
I have a fair amount of OKE already and want to
keep divs/distribution income deferred. Getting higher
yield is helpful, too. So that's my rationale
with finally deciding to sell. I had planned
on holding on to Magellan forever.